E-Books →From Rinks to Regiments Hockey Hall-of-Famers and the Great War
Language: English | Total pages: N/A | Format: epub | Size: 21.24 MB |
A celebration of thirty-two heroes of the First World War enshrined in the Hockey Hall of Fame.Praise for Remembered in Bronze and Stone:"A remarkable look at the many ways we honoured our war dead."—Canada's History"A fine tribute and a call to current and future generations."—Mark Zuehlke, author of the Canadian Battle Series and Through Blood and SweatThis year marks the centenary of two pivotal events in Canadian history—one of them weighty, the other an enduring source of delight. In November 1918, the catastrophe of the First World War came to an end. That same year, the first season of the National Hockey League concluded with the Toronto Arenas winning the NHL championship over the Montreal Canadiens. This book with deals the nexus, or collision, between hockey and war.Unbeknownst to many modern-day fans, thirty players, one referee, and one builder now enshrined in the Hockey Hall of Fame were...
- Hockey 365 Daily Stories from the Ice
- Hockey Card Stories 2 59 More True Tales from Your Favourite Players
- Border Flows A Century of the Canadian-American Water Relationship (Canadian History and Environm...
- Franchise Hockey Manager 3-SKIDROW
- The Hockey News - Draft Preview 2016